Are you a sportsperson looking for the right optical aid? At Today’s Vision Cypress – Fry Rd, we offer numerous options for eyeglasses and contacts. Visit our Cypress, TX, office to select one that suits your needs!
Optometry centers have used traditional glasses as an optical aid for so many years.
Pros of Traditional Glasses
- Easy to Use - Glasses require less effort to put on and store since they do not require much cleaning or touching of the eyes. You can wear them in a flash and go about your business.
- Light Adjustment - Traditional eyeglasses offer favorable vision aid in different conditions. They adjust according to the indoor or outdoor mode ensuring your eyes are not straining.
- Provide Protection - Glasses cover your eyes, protecting them from environmental irritants such as dust and debris. Some types of glasses that we offer in our Cypress, TX office also provide UV light protection.
Cons of Traditional Glasses
- Coverage - Traditional glasses do not have peripheral coverage. Thus, they can blur in specific weather conditions.
- Appearance - Eyeglasses can hide or alter your features, changing your appearance.
- Inconvenience - For those who love sports, it can be challenging to play with eyeglasses on. Glasses may end up breaking or falling off during physical activity, interfering with game participation and performance.
This advanced optical aid has become popular due to the many benefits that come with it.
- Natural vision - Unlike traditional glasses, contact lenses curve to your eye movement. Thus, they give you a more natural vision that is not affected by rain or cold weather.
- Treats conditions that cannot be addressed with glasses - When you visit our optometry center, our optometrist may recommend contact lenses if eyeglasses cannot fully rectify your eye condition. A good example of such conditions is myopia or keratoconus.
- Sports-friendly - Contact lenses sit comfortably in your eyes and don’t fall off as you play.
- Appearance - Some patients visit our optometry center and request vision correction that won’t change their appearance. Our optometrist understands our patients’ needs and therefore offers contact lens options that match your needs.
- Expense - Contact lenses require cleaning solutions and replacements after a certain period. These demands can be pricey in the long run.
- Dry Eye Syndrome - Some contacts reduce the amount of oxygen that reaches your eyes, which leads to dry eyes. That’s why our TX family eye doctor offers gas-permeable lenses such as PMMA and Silicone hydrogel contacts to help with this condition.
- Challenging to Use - Contacts require appropriate cleaning and wearing, which can be difficult if it is your first time to use them.
Visit Us at Vision Cypress Get Yourself the Right Optical Aid
Whether you prefer traditional glasses or contact lenses, Today’s Vision Cypress – Fry Rd has you covered. Visit our Cypress, TX office for premium eyeglasses and contacts! Call (832)-220-6168 to book your appointment today.